Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bench press competition

So today I had a little bench pressing competition with 3 of my friends, 2 of which were originally from a different gym. 


Basically 3 months ago we were challenged to a benching competition, after an argument about strength, so we gave each other 3 months to prepare for a bench pressing competition!


The original argument was between Paul and my workout partner Danni, so they would be facing each other. Me and Jack just joined in for fun, to make it a team game :). 


Team Harpers:


Jack - Weight 74kg
Paul - Weight 85-90kg

Combined weight: 159-164kg

Team PRO:

Tak - Weight 70-71kg
Danni - Weight 56kg

Combined weight: 126-127kg

Results of Benching Competition:

Paul Vs Danni

Paul's best lift - 65kg
Danni's best lift - 55kg

Winner - Paul (Team Harpers)

Jack Vs Tak
Jack's best lift - 80kg
Tak's best lift - 80kg

Draw!
Result:

Team Harpers wins June's Benching Competition!

Well done lads! 

Next competition in 2 months!

My experience:

This wasn't a great lift for me, since i've benched a good 85kg before, i potentially started too low and began to fatigue my muscles too much, resulting in me getting weaker, but i'm not discouraged. I've got another 2 months to train before our next meeting, and i'm going for the win! :P

My training partner didn't lift as much as he has done before either, I've seen him do 3 reps of 60kg, perhaps he requires more of a warm up, we'll see. 

Solid effort from both sides, I was thinking we may do a full strength competition including squats and dead lifts to really show strength progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine PlacementSubmit Express